Today's model business is one that able to quickly solve business process challenges and position the company for success now and far into the future. To have an edge on competition, your business needs to have appealing content online and offline to facilitate better viewership and a thorough understanding of your products by both employees and your customers.
Content Management System is software used to author, organize and store the content for the purpose of business. ‘Content’ in a broader view may involve documents, invoices, images, audio, video and other multimedia.
Content Management Systems are divided into two main product categories:
Web Content Management:
Basically CMS for website management also referred to as “Web- CMS. Web CMS helps you create published and unpublished content within a website which is intended for Public Distribution. This includes any type of web based content.
- Publishing: facilitates online authoring and publishing within all blogging modules, text editors etc.
- Ecommerce: create and maintain an online store
- E-forms: help create transitional content like forms for ecommerce purposes.
- Social networking: allows readers to interact with published content including commenting and social sharing.
- Intranet: A W-CMS is also used to create a private internal website that allows for creating and sharing content amongst employees.
These are also known as DMS and often deal with the electronic and printed content that isn’t for public distribution.
- Document and image processing: scanning and printing of documents
- Management of Digital Assets: enable upload, storage and organization of multimedia, such as photos and videos.
- Case Management: Generate forms, auto populate fields enhancing workflow functions.
- Contract Management: track and automate transactional content.
- Records Management: helps to maintain and organize business records.
- Business process management: helps you provide tools for workflow management and business intelligence.
- Reporting and Analytics: helps to extract key insights from a company’s unstructured content.
- Create effective web contents: typical CMS software allows you to create effective content for the website so that you to gain maximum visibility of the customers.
- Manage content (video, audio, images, multimedia):that’s already incorporated into your website
- Compatibility (with different browsers):for ease of use
- Easy Storage: for the website.
- Best organization: CMS provides the most optimum organization of your content with lots of suggestions.